|harrypotterpodcast.com listen make a podcast submit a podcast forums faq staff contact listen live||
Here's all the information you need in order to make your own storycast. Watch the video tutorial below, or scroll down for the same information presented in pictures and text.
1. Select a story and pull it up.
Whether it's your own piece or a story that someone else wrote that you've got permission to record, have the text pulled up in front of you and ready to go.
2. Download Audacity
Go to http://audacity.sourceforge.net/(12+) and click the Download tab.
3. Select the most stable build for your operating system.
4. Select the executable installer (step may be different on Macintosh)
5. The download should start. If it does not, select the direct link highlighted.
6. Select "Save"
7. Save to Desktop
8. Find the icon and double click it
9. Select "Run" if asked
10. Click "Next"
11. Select "I accept the agreement" and click "Next"
12. Click "Next"
13. Click "Next"
14. Say yes to both options and click "Next"
15. Click "Install"
16. Choose "Launch Audacity" and click "Finish"
17. You now have a new project file.
Clicking record (Red dot button) will start recording. Start reading. If you make a mistake, make note of what time you made the error. We'll fix it later.
YOU MUST START YOUR RECORDING WITH THE FOLLOWING OR IT WILL BE REJECTED:
"Welcome to the Harry Potter fan fiction dot com podcast. The following story is based around characters created by JK Rowling. The author of the following story and the website providing it have no connection to JK rowling, scholastic books, bloomsbury publishing, or AOL time warner incorporated. This is an unofficial podcast. No permission has been given by any of the afformentioned parties and, since no money is being made from it, no infringement is intended. Rights to the characters mentioned is neither claimed nor implied."
18. After you've read the story, go back to where you need to edit parts out. Select a piece and press delete on the keyboard.
19. Go to file and export the file as an OGG.
20. Send the file to us on this page. We will process it for noise reduction, add some music or sound if it seems appropriate, and have it uploaded.
Good Luck and thanks for your assistance in making this the greatest fan fiction podcast in the world!